To Change Or Not To Change – That Is The Question
Before jumping into the heavy issues of life, Auntie from HappySlip enlightens us with wisdom and knowledge.
We like to give advise – don’t we? We also like getting great advise especially when we have a tough decision to make.
I’ve been encouraged and edified by Dr. Sala’s series on “Change”.
We all have seasons we go through in life and this topic hit a home run.
I’ve reached a point in my job seeking phase that will require me to make a decision on which company to work for.
Do I accept a lower salary? Do I relocate my family to another city? Do I pursue a different career path?
To change or not to change…that is the question.
Dr. Sala gives great guidelines on how to deal with change as it applies to organized religion but lets apply that to our situation.
1) “Is this change merely disruptive, or does it serve a useful purpose?”
2) “Do I object to this change because it is different from what I have been accustomed to, or do I object to this change on the basis of Scripture?”
When meditating on these questions, start with the fact that God’s plan is much better and bigger than ours.
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11. NLT)
I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking about change but what’s interesting is how God is getting my attention loud and clear. I’m reading about change. The topic is discussed in service. It’s happening now in real-time.
If you are interested in Dr. Sala’s series on “Change”, please visit: http://www.guidelines.org/commentaries/change-really-bad/
Now let me change the topic so slightly as to applying this principle in a much wider scale. How can we change the world for Jesus Christ? It could be as simple as giving a child a hug.
One good example is “The Do Good Project”, an outreach by The Simple Church in North Louisiana. They find creative ways for individuals to impact their city but also the world.
Here is a list they provide on their website:
- Delivering food boxes to families in need.
- Tutoring children in our community.
- Working with Habitat for Humanity to build homes.
- Drilling water wells in Honduras and Africa.
- Helping abused children around the world.
- Helping to free people from slavery and the sex trade.
- Providing backpacks for children in poverty.
- Helping to rebuild after natural disasters strike.
- Providing food, medical needs, education and housing for the people of Rwanda.
If what I’ve posted today applies to you, I highly recommend watching this recorded service at:
I hope you find your encouragement today and share it with others. Enjoy the music videos below:
NEEDTOBREATHE – Difference Maker [Official Video]
Royal Tailor – Ready Set Go [Official Music Video]
“Architecture” – Jonathan Thulin
(End of Transmission)